woensdag 13 april 2011

[NEDBIB-L] MEDIA LIBRARY OPERATIONS IN THE THIRD WORLD COUNRIES.

Dear NEDBIB-L Forum,
My name is Malime Godfrey, a librarian by profession and my nationality is
Ugandan. Am happy to be part of your forum and hope through you, I will add
more onto what I have professionally and socially because I will be dealing
with different people who know at the same time.

I have a question to pose to you people to help me in my operations as a
colleague from the Third World.

Question to discuss:
I work in a media library and have been in this field for eighteen (18)
years. However, there is no definate system as far as I' am concerned ever
been used to automate the library, yet there are photographs, Newspapers,
Newspaper clippings, Books, Journals, Electronic documents in word and pdfs
and pictures in jpeg which we just improvise to archive both electronically
and physically.
May I know through this forum, since you are developed as to how we can go
about this? There are so many media libraries but there is no model on which
we can learn. Will be grateful if my question is addressed.

Thanks

Godfrey Malime.

+-----------------------------------------------------
| Verzonden via NEDBIB-L
| Grootste algemene discussielijst voor informatieprofessionals in NL
| Zie de NEDBIB-L website op http://nedbib.reuser.biz voor informatie
| en instellingen.
+-----------------------------------------------------